“CREATING COMMUNITY THROUGH PEOPLE, PARKS, AND PROGRAMS”
PARENT/GUARDIAN PROTOCOL PLEDGE – ORANGE BEACH YOUTH SPORTS PROGRAM: I hereby pledge to live up to my responsibility as a parent/guardian of a child/children participating in the City of Orange Beach Department of Parks and Recreation Youth Sports Program. I will follow the Parent/Guardian Protocol listed below:
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of the children above any desire to win. I will help my child understand the valuable lessons sports can teach and in doing so understand that my child cannot change teams once he has been placed on one.
- I will be a role model of good sportsmanship and character. I will help my child meet his/her responsibilities to the coach and the team.
- I will do my best to make sure that the game is fun for all the participants.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all participants, coaches, parents, officials, recreation staff, and the public. I will treat them all with respect.
- I will maintain a positive sports environment for all participants that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and inappropriate language. I will refrain from their use at all Youth Sports activities and events.
- I will only make positive and encouraging comments to players, fans and coaches from both teams. I will not interfere or coach from the stands.
- I will strive to create a positive recreational experience for everyone involved in the Youth Sports Program.
- I will remember that I am a Youth Sports Program parent/guardian, and will remember the game is for the children and not the adults. Accordingly, I will encourage my child to play sports by providing a supportive atmosphere without pressure.
- I will abide by any and all Orange Beach Recreation Department rules and regulations and rulings set forth by the Sports Coordinator.
- I will remember to be a good sport at all times, win or lose.
PRINTABLE COPY: Orange Beach Youth Sports Parent or Guardian Protocol Pledge (PDF).