Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I have my sewer and garbage service charges drafted from my account?
Yes, we can draft monthly service charges from your bank account (savings or checking). Please complete the Authorization for Pre-Authorized Payment Form.
- Can I pay online or over the phone?
While we do not currently accept Business Licenses or sewer/garbage payments online we do accept Credit Card payments over the phone with a 2.95% convenience fee. To pay taxes online, go to the Alabama Department of Revenue website.
- Do I contact your office for property tax issues?
Property taxes are handled by the Baldwin County Revenue Commissioner. You can get information from the Baldwin County Revenue Commission website, or call the Foley Satellite Courthouse at 251-943-5061.
- Do I need a business license to rent my condo or house even if a management company handles the rental for me?
Yes, the license is the responsibility of the owner not the management company.
- Do you have a drop box?
Yes, it is located in the third drive through lane in the back of the building (4151 Orange Beach Boulevard).
- When and where do I get business hurricane decals?
Business decals are issued annually by our office beginning in April. Our office is located at:
4151 Orange Beach Boulevard
Orange Beach, AL 36561
- When and where do I get residential hurricane decals (reentry stickers)?
Decals are on a three-year cycle. Ono Island and Condo owners obtain their passes from their Property/Condo Owners' Association. All others can be picked up in the Finance Department office located at 4151 Orange Beach Boulevard, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Decals will not be issued once a named storm has entered the Gulf. You do not have to affix them to your vehicle until needed. There is a charge for replacement decals.
- When do I have to renew my business license?
The license expires December 31 of each year, however, it does not have to be renewed during December. Renewal notices are mailed early to mid-December and you have until January 31 to renew without penalty.
- Who do I call if I have a garbage problem such as a missed pickup or damaged can?
You should call our main number 251-981-6096.
- Does the City provide the water utility?
No. Water service for the City is provided by the Orange Beach Water Authority located at 25097 Canal Road. They can be reached at 251-981-4233.
- When is trash pick up? My trash hasn't been picked up, who do I call?
You can refer to our Trash and Recycling page to find out when your trash will be picked up.
If your trash has not been picked up at the appropriate time, you can call the Finance Office's main number at 251-981-6096.