- Can someone else come and pay a ticket for me?
No, the clerk must witness your signature on the Waiver of Rights on the back of the ticket.
- How can I find out how much my ticket is?
You may call the Municipal Court at 251-981-2444.
If you have a case that requires a court appearance, the municipal judge will establish the fine amount in each case he presides over. Depending upon the change, the judge can place a fine of up to $500, plus costs. There are some offenses where the fine may be higher.
- How can I obtain a copy of a disposition of a case?
You may call the Municipal Court at 251-981-2444. Note that there may be a fee associated with this request.
- How can I reinstate my driver's license?
You can contact the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency at 334-242-4400 or at your local Courthouse, where you obtain a driver's license or you can write to:
Drivers License Division Improvement Unit
P.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, Al 36102-1471
- After I go to court, will the judge give me time to pay fines, court cost or restitution?
Payments of fines, court costs, and/or restitution are expected at the time you appear in court and you will be required to pay the fine and court costs at that time. If you need more time to pay, call the Municipal Court at 251-981-2444 and make your request.
- Can I reschedule my court appearance?
Call the Orange Beach Municipal Court at 251-981-2444 to reschedule your court date.
- How do I know when to appear in court?
The court date, time, and location are listed near the bottom of your citation under the section labeled "Court Appearance Information," or it is noted on your Appearance Bond.
- How do I plead guilty without going to court?
In certain cases (i.e. minor traffic citations, etc.) the court will allow you to enter a plea before a magistrate and pay your fines and court cost. Full payment for all violations and late court fees must be made at the time of the plea.
You may call 251-981-2444 for information on your case and if it can be handled out of Court.
- To pay by mail: P.O. Box 529 Orange Beach, Al 36561
- To pay in person: 4480 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561
- Can I drop a warrant?
Once a warrant has been signed and issued, it cannot be dropped for any reason. Everyone must appear in court to settle the matter.
- How can I get a PFA (Protection From Abuse Order) or a Restraining Order on someone?
PFA can only be filed with the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk's Office located in the courthouse in Bay Minette, AL. There is no charge to file a PFA. New laws went into effect as of July 2010 regarding who a PFA can be filed against.
- I was notified that there is a warrant for my arrest. What do I need to do to take care of this?
In order to take care of an outstanding warrant, you must turn yourself into the Orange Beach Police Department. After the warrant has been executed, you will be given an opportunity to post a bond and you will be given a court date. You may contact the Orange Beach Municipal Court at 251-981-2444 to receive specific information pertaining to your case.
- What information do I need to obtain a warrant?
To seek charges against someone you must first file a report with the Orange Beach Police Department. If probable cause exists, you will then be referred to the Municipal Court at 251-981-2444 to make an appointment for a probable cause hearing with a magistrate to determine if a warrant will be issued. You must have as much information as possible such as name, address, date of birth or age, employer, and phone number. A warrant cannot be obtained without a police report.