About the Board
The Zoning Board of Adjustment is comprised of five members and two supernumerary members appointed by the City Council. The Board hears and makes final decisions on requests for variances from the Zoning Ordinance and appeals of decisions by the Community Development Department.
What Is a Variance?
A variance is a deviation from the literal provisions of the Zoning Ordinance when strict conformity would cause an unnecessary hardship owing to circumstances unique to the property on which the variance is granted. To authorize a variance, the Board of Adjustment must find that the request meets the six provisions outlined in Section 11.06 of the Zoning Ordinance (PDF).
- 4 pm
- The 3rd Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise indicated)
- City Council Chambers
4099 Beach Boulevard
Orange Beach, AL 36351
Agendas & Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to meetings.
- Minutes are available following approval.
- Mike Contorno, Chairperson
- Tim Blackwell, Vice Chairperson
- Linda Bradley
- Tim Harry
- Greg Kennedy