- Community Development
- Planning Commission
About Planning Commission
- Review and makes recommendations to the City Council for adoption, revisions or amendments to the Comprehensive Plan (PDF), Orange Beach Zoning Ordinance, and Orange Beach Subdivision Regulations.
- Review all applications for zoning or rezoning and recommend approval or disapproval of these applications to the City Council.
- Review and take action on all plans for commercial and residential developments and other such proposals as it may affect the orderly development of the city. When any plans or proposals involve zoning or rezoning, the Planning Commission shall forward the request to the City Council.
- Development Permit Application (PDF)
- Planning Commission Meeting Dates and Application Deadlines (PDF)
Planning and Development applications require varying degrees of review. Further detailed information is available on the application above.
Please make an appointment with the Community Development Department to review the application and project prior to submission.
- 4 pm
- The 2nd Monday of every month
- City Council Chambers
4099 Orange Beach Boulevard
Orange Beach, AL 36561
When necessary, work sessions will be held at 3 pm preceding the regular meetings. All meetings are noticed as required and published on the City's website.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- Robert Stuart II, Chairperson
- Kathy Lindsey, Vice Chairperson
- Nelson Bauer
- Bill Jeffries
- Annette Mitchell
- Jack Robertson
- Pat Simpson
- Glenn Smith
- Matt Wilson
- 1 administrative officer of the municipality appointed by the Mayor and whose term is concurrent with that of the Mayor
- 1 member of the City Council chosen by the City Council
- 6 members appointed by the Mayor
- Mayor or his designee