Parent and Teacher Resources
Each month, the Orange Beach Fire Department offers age-appropriate public safety programs. For every 3 safety topics presented in your classroom (in person or virtually, in homeschool or a classroom setting), your entire class will receive a special "Junior Fire Marshal" award.
To register, please fill out an event request form here
Tools and Resources
Visit one of these interactive websites below to learn more about the right seat for your child's age, weight, and height. These tools provide helpful information on how to choose and use a car seat. Learn how to fit and test a child's harness, and test whether the car seat is installed tightly enough in the car.
Car Seat Recommendations
|The Ultimate Car Seat Guide|
Need help installing your car seat? Use the following videos as a guide
- Installing your booster seat
- How to take the inch test with a forward-facing car seat
- How to take the inch test with a rear-facing car seat
- How to secure your car seat
- Is it time to move to a forward-facing car seat?
- How to install your rear-facing car seat
- How to install your forward-facing car seat
- How to take the pinch test with a rear-facing car seat
- How to take the pinch test with a forward-facing car seat
Car Seat Check Appointments
Orange Beach Fire Department offers free car seat checks with a nationally certified Child Passenger Safety Technician by advance appointment only. Please call (251) 597-0472 for assistance
- Review and compare the vehicle's manual with the car seat instruction manual
- Most car seat manufacturers provide live support and video installation tutorials on their websites
- Scan the QR code on the label of your seat for video tutorials
- Always REGISTER your car seat with the manufacturer for important recall and safety notices