Why is my license suspended?

If you did not pay your ticket on time or failed to appear to settle your case, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) was notified and they suspended your license for failing to appear in court or non-payment. In order to have your license reinstated, you must first settle the charge(s) against you. Then contact the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency at your local Courthouse, where you obtain a driver's license, or you may call ALEA at 334-242-4400 for more information concerning the reinstatement fee.

Show All Answers

1. Can someone else come and pay a ticket for me?
2. How can I find out how much my ticket is?
3. How can I obtain a copy of a disposition of a case?
4. How can I reinstate my driver's license?
5. How can I take care of a ticket for no proof of insurance without having to go to court?
6. How do I plead not guilty and request a trial date?
7. I am trying to reach the Baldwin County Satellite Court/District/Circuit Court/Sheriff’s Department/License and Tag Department/Probate Court/Marriage License.
8. What are your hours of operation?
9. What forms of payment are accepted?
10. What is the process of obtaining a background check?
11. Where is the Court Clerks office located?
12. Why is my license suspended?