The Orange Beach Sportsplex, which opened in the spring of 2001, includes softball, baseball, and football/soccer fields as well as a 3-court sand volleyball area and concession stands. It features a 1500-seat stadium with a press box, locker rooms, and a concession stand. The Orange Beach Championship Stadium has played host to SEC teams, NCAA teams, the University of South Alabama, Troy State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, Austin Peay State University, Florida State University, UAB, University of Louisiana Layfayette, and many others.
Orange Beach Youth Sports information
From 2003 to 2021 the SEC Women’s Soccer Tournaments were held at the Orange Beach Sportsplex along with the NCAA Men's & Women's Soccer Tournaments in 2007. The Sportsplex is regularly used for youth sports, Orange Beach Middle / High School athletics, and tournaments in the area. The Sportsplex is also a popular site for adult sports activities and tournaments with players from throughout the Southeast. Orange Beach has hosted the NAIA Region XXIII Women's Softball tournament, NAIA Men's Soccer National Championship, and High School tournaments from various states.
Senior Softball: Coastal Alabama Senior Softball plays regularly at the Orange Beach Sportsplex. For more information, email Coastal Alabama Senior Softball or call 225-313-8516.
Orange Beach Sportsplex Policies
The City of Orange Beach has established certain policies that are strictly enforced during all tournaments at the Orange Beach Sportsplex. Failure to abide by the rules could result in expulsion from the facility.
The following policies are in place during all tournaments:
- Personal coolers are not allowed. (Coolers must be kept in vehicles) Two team coolers are allowed in dugouts only. Due to public health concerns, we no longer provide water coolers in the dugouts for teams.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas except the parking lot.
- All visitors are to park in designated parking spaces only. Failure to do so could result in your vehicle being towed.
- Generators are prohibited.
- No cooking of any kind, including open flame devices, is allowed.
- Overnight parking and camping are prohibited.
- Pop-up tents are allowed if stakes are no longer than 8 inches.
- Hitting any ball into fences is prohibited.
- Steel cleats are prohibited on synthetic pitching mounds and in batting cages.
- Golf carts, skateboards, scooters, and bicycles are prohibited.
- Offensive language and behavior will not be tolerated.
Read the Orange Beach Sportsplex FAQs to learn more about the facility.