City of Orange Beach offices are open with normal hours today - Monday, August 30th.
While city offices are open, some recreation facilities are closed due to inclement weather caused by the remains of Hurricane Ida, which made landfall in southeastern Louisiana on Sunday, August 29th..
Closures include the following:
- The Recreation Center/Basketball gym is closed. Expect Excellence, pickleball play, and fitness classes will not be held Monday. The 24/7 Fitness Center will remain accessible to current members over 18 years of age. *Depending on weather conditions, staff may be present at the fitness center later in the day.
- The Aquatics Center is closed.
- The Golf Center is closed.
Offices that are open include:
- City Hall
- Finance Department
- Community Development (Building Department)
- Coastal Resources
- Coastal Arts Center
- Adult/Senior Activity Center
- Public Library
The Backcountry Trail is open. Follow the Backcountry Trail on Facebook for the latest updates.
Additionally, an emergency special-called meeting will be held by the Orange Beach City Council at 11 a.m. today - Monday, August 30, 2021 - for the purpose of declaring a state of emergency for Hurricane Ida beginning Friday, August 27th, to facilitate any necessary clean up and for sand erosion consideration. The meeting will be in the Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard.
For more information, call Orange Beach City Hall at 251-981-6979.