The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its October 2018 Excursion and Events. Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- October 1 at 6 p.m. - Community Potluck at Orange Beach Community Center”: Bring a Dish to Pass. Speaker: Community Development Director—Kit Alexander. Additional Info: Contact Mike O’Rourke at 251-981-6060.
- October 10 at 10 a.m. - Grief Support Group: This group will be led by Community Hospice
- October 10 at 10 a.m.: Senior Expo at Robertsdale Coliseum. The Senior Center group will depart at 10 a.m.. There is space available for 12 individuals.
- October 12 at 9:30am: “Trip—Weeks Bay Native Plant Sale”: The Senior Center group will depart from the Senior Center and travel to Weeks Bay for its Annual Native Plant Sale. The plant sale benefits projects at Weeks Bay Reserve. Cost for transportation is $3. The group will then go to Tin Top Restaurant for lunch. Lunch will be at each individual’s own expense. There is space available for 15 individuals.
- October 14 at 4 p.m.-6 p.m.: “Baldwin Pops Concert on the Lawn.” The Baldwin Pops Band, conducted by Dr. Jason Rinehart, will present "Bernstein, Jazz, and Our Southern Roots.” Guests should bring chairs or blankets and are encouraged to bring a picnic supper. After intermission, there will be a children's parade with flags. This concert is sponsored by the City of Orange Beach. In addition, the Baldwin Pops Band is sponsored by a grant from the Alabama State Council on the Arts.
- October 24 at 10 a.m.: “Tuesday Topics: Community Development Director—Kit Alexander”: Join us to get an update on what’s new in our city.
- October 26 at 9:30 a.m.: Trip - “Mystery Lunch Trip ” - Where will we go today??? Cost is $3 for transportation. There will be space available for 20 individuals. Please call to sign up.
- October 28 to November 4: SEC Women’s Soccer Championship games at Orange Beach Sportsplex. The Senior Center has free tickets available and game schedules.
- October 30 at 11 a.m. - ”12th Annual Foley Halloween Party” - This is a great excuse to dress in your best Halloween costume! Cost is $3 and a canned good per person, which includes transportation and lunch. The Senior Center group will depart at 11 a.m.
OCTOBER 2018 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 981-3440 to sign up for Senior Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: Wednesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. - Supplies provided
- WINE BOTTLE CHIMES: Thursdays 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH & BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
Reminder: Medicare Part D Open Enrollment
October 15, 2018 to December 7, 2018: You can make an appointment with Council on Aging beginning October 10. Call 251-972-8506.
For more information, call the Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center at 251-981-3440.