The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its September 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- September 2nd - Center closed for Labor Day.
- September 2nd at 6 p.m. - “Community Center Potluck”: The Monthly Community Potluck returns Monday, September 2nd at the Orange Beach Community Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. and dinner starts at 6:30. Everyone is invited; just bring a dish or dessert to share.
- September 6th at 9 a.m. - Trip: Phoenix Fire Museum and Mobile Police History Museum - The Senior Center will depart at 9 a.m. and head to Mobile. The group will visit the two museums and have lunch in downtown Mobile. Cost is $3 for transportation. There will be a moderate amount of walking on this trip. There is space available for 15.
- September 10th at 10 a.m. - Grief Support Group: This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- September 19th at 9 a.m. - Thursdays with Courtney: Courtney Bradley with Council on Aging will be at the Senior Center again this month to answers any questions the public may have regarding Medicare or other services the Council can provide.
- September 24th at 10 a.m. - Coffee & Conversation with Mayor Tony Kennon: Orange Beach Mayor Kennon will be here for coffee and to give us an update on city business as well as answer any questions. Please join us.
- September 27th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. - “FLU SHOT CLINIC” sponsored by CVS Pharmacy. Please bring your Medicare or Insurance Card.
- October 4th at 10 a.m. - “Mystery Lunch Trip”: This is truly a “mystery”. Cost is $3 per person for transportation. There is space available for 15.
SEPTEMBER 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: September 4th and 25th – 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
- GLASS ETCHING CLASS: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH AND BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- TAI CHI CLASS: Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
Links to the September 2019 newsletter and calendar: