The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its October 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- October 7th at 6 p.m. - “Community Center Potluck at Community Center: Bring a dish to pass. Speaker: Representative of Makos Academics, Arts & Athletics Club (MAAAC). For more information, contact Mike O’Rourke at 251-981-6060
- October 8th at 10 a.m. - Grief Support Group: This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- October 9th at 10 a.m. - Senior Expo at Robertsdale Coliseum: The group will depart at 10 a.m. There is space available for 12.
- October 16th at 10:30 a.m. - “Medicare Workshop”: Michael Callihan with Island Life Retirement will be our speaker. Topics to be discussed: Medicare Parts A, B, C & D, the Infamous “Donut Hole,” supplement plans available, how Advantage plans work, and changes for 2020 that are coming. Refreshments will be provided.
- October 18th at 4:30 p.m. - Trip: “Dinner B4 Dark” - The group will depart from the Senior Center and travel to the new Safari Club Restaurant at the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo. Cost is $2 for transportation. There is space available for 12.
- October 20th, 5 p.m.-6:30pm - “Baldwin Pops Concert - Art Center Courtyard” - Guests should bring chairs or blankets and are encouraged to bring a picnic supper. After intermission, there will be a children's parade with flags. This concert is sponsored by the City of Orange Beach and Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism.
- October 25th at 10 a.m. - Trip: “Mobile History Museum - Diamonds Exhibit” - Discover the most valued gem in the world. Cost is $10 for entrance ticket and transportation. The group will go to lunch after the museum. There is space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- October 29th at 11 a.m. - “13th Annual Foley Halloween Party” - This is a great excuse to dress in your best Halloween costume! Cost is $3 and a canned good per person, which includes transportation and lunch. We will depart at 11 a.m.
OCTOBER 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: Wednesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Supplies provided.
- WINE BOTTLE CHIMES: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH AND BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- TAI CHI CLASS: Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
REMINDER: Medicare Part D open enrollment, October 15-December 7, 2019. Appointments can be made with Council on Aging beginning October 7th. Call 251-972-8506.