The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its November 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- November 1st to November 26th - Food Drive to benefit the Council on Aging’s Food Pantry. Believe it or not there a lot of Seniors in Baldwin County that really are in need. So please contribute what you can. The Senior Center will have a drop off box in the lobby. Thank you in advance for your donations.
- November 1st, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Memory Screening & Balance Testing: Walk-ins welcome no appointment necessary.
- November 3rd to November 10th - SEC Women’s Soccer Tournament at the Sportsplex. The Senior Center has passes for FREE entry. So please come by the center to pick up a pass.
- November 4th at 6 p.m. - “A Night of Recognition” at the Orange Beach Community Center. Policeman & Fireman of the Year recognition awards and Potluck Dinner. Main Dish provided but please bring a side dish to pass.
- November 8th at 11 a.m. - Mystery Lunch Trip: Who knows where we’ll go this time. We have space available for 15. Cost is $2 for transportation.
- November 11th — Veterans Day - Senior Center closed
- November 12th at 10 a.m. - Grief Support Group: This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- November 15th at 10 a.m. - Trip: “Christmas Jubilee & Holiday Market at Mobile Convention Center” - This event is presented by the Junior League of Mobile. There are over 100 merchants, Art Walk and Food Court. Get a head start on your holiday shopping. Cost is $15 per person for entrance ticket and transportation. We have space for 20. Please call to sign up.
- November 22nd at 11 a.m.: Brown Bag Lunch & Learn with Master Gardener Charlotte Hamm. Topic: Holiday Tabletops. With the holidays right around the corner this will be a fun and timely presentation. Please bring a bag lunch and will provide drinks and dessert. Please call to sign up.
- November 27th to 29th - Thanksgiving Holiday: Senior Center will be closed.
NOVEMBER 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- BURLAP CHRISTMAS TREE: Wednesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $15.
- SEASHELL ORNAMENTS: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH AND BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- TAI CHI CLASS: Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
REMINDER: Medicare Part D open enrollment, October 15-December 7, 2019. Appointments can be made with Council on Aging. Call 251-972-8506.
Links to the November 2019 newsletter and calendar: