The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its March 2019 Excursions and Events. Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- March 1 at 10 a.m.: “Now Hear This - Free Hearing Health Seminar” presented by Aaron Bilotta with Colear and Dr. Emily Domingue of Ascent Audiology. If your hearing aids are no longer enough, please attend to learn if an implantable hearing solution is right for you.
- March 4 at 9 a.m.: “AARP Driver Safety Course” - The course fee, which covers all materials is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. Seating is limited to 20 so please call to register. Please bring driver’s license and AARP card.
- March 4 at 6 p.m.: “Community Center Potluck” at Orange Beach Community Center. Bring a dish to pass. Main dish will be Corned Beef & Cabbage. Program: Debbie Williams of WKRG5 News. For additional information, contact Linda Tucker at 251-981-1942.
- March 8 at 10 a.m.: “Mystery Trip” - We have space for 20. The cost is $5 per person. There will be moderate walking. We will leave from the Senior Center.
- March 12 at 10 a.m.: Grief Support Group - This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- March 15 at Noon: “Genghis Khan: The Great Civilizer Exhibit” at the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center in Mobile. If you missed this last month… Take a journey back in time with one of history’s most prolific and controversial figures – Genghis Khan. Through artifacts, performers, artwork, and other historically significant items, discover the eye-opening story of the world’s most well-known conqueror, civilizer and innovator. We will depart from the Orange Beach Senior Center. Cost is $20 per person for transportation and entrance fee. We have space available for 20. Payment due at sign up. Please be sure to have lunch before as we will not be stopping to eat.
- March 22 at 9:30 a.m.: “Festival of Flowers” - The 26th annual event’s theme is “Dutch Gardens”. We will travel to the Providence Hospital Campus in Mobile. We’ll be doing “a lot” of walking. Cost is $15 per person, which includes transportation and Festival entrance ticket. Lunch is on your own. We have space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
MARCH 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- Wine Bottle Chimes: Thursdays 9:30 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-9 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
Links to the March 2019 newletter and calendar: