The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its June 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- June 4th: “Newcomers - Member Brunch” - 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Contact Libby Bates for additional information at 256-302-4917.
- June 7th at 10:30 a.m.: “Mystery Lunch Trip” - The group will depart from the Senior Center at 10:30 a.m. You never know where we may go… Cost is $2 per person for transportation. We have space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- June 11th at 10 a.m.: Grief Support Group - This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- June 13th at 5:30 p.m.: Dinner & Theatre - “Forever Plaid,” SummerTide’s at South Baldwin Community Theatre. We will depart from the Senior Center at 5:30 p.m. and head to Ginny Lane for dinner before the theatre. We have tickets available for 12. Cost per person is $15. for theatre ticket. Dinner will be at your expense.
- June 21st 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: “The Longest Day - Play your Cards” Alzheimer’s Fundraiser - June 21st the summer solstice - people across the world will participate in fundraising activities. Join us as the Orange Beach Senior Center participates with a “Play your Cards” day. Gather up your group or come on your own. We will have cards available for Bridge, Canasta, Hearts, Spades. Entry fee is $5 per person with all proceeds donated to the Alzheimer’s Association. Please pack a lunch, we will provide drinks and light snacks. Today, an estimated 50 million people worldwide are living with Alzheimer's or other dementia-related illnesses, including more than 5 million Americans. In the United States alone, 16 million friends and family members are providing their care. We must take action now, or these numbers will continue to rise. Stand up to the darkness of Alzheimer’s and join us to help the Alzheimer's Association support all those facing the disease. Thank you! Please call to sign up.
- June 28th Friday Movie Matinee - Let’s beat the heat! We’ll meet at The Wharf cinema. Time and movie to be announced. Please call to sign up.
JUNE 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: Wednesdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Free class; all materials will be supplied.
- BOOK FOLDING CLASS: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.