The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its July 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- July 4th-5th: Center closed for Fourth of July holiday
(Please note: Lori Sherman will be on vacation for the month of July so there will be no line dancing this month. Classes will resume on Wednesday, August 7th. The center will have TaiChi on Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Also, Ann Craig will be on vacation from July 7th to July 21st. There will be no Exercise or Sit & Be Fit during that time. Classes will resume on Monday, July 22nd.
- July 9th at 10 a.m.: Grief Support Group - This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- July 12th at 11:30 a.m.: Summer Movie & Lunch Bunch - The group will meet at Villaggio Restaurant for lunch and then head over to the The Wharf cinema for a movie. Movie TBA. Please call to sign up.
- July 19th at 11 a.m..: Mystery Trip & Lunch - Cost will be $10 per person for entrance fee and transportation. Lunch will be at your own expense. The center has space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- July 26th - Center closed.
- August 2nd from 10 a.m. to Noon: Restorative Yoga Class - Restorative Yoga will ease you into relaxation and healing, whatever your age and ability. If you are living with chronic pain, such as arthritis, osteoporosis or stiff joints, this adaptable yoga is relatively easy, effective, and enjoyable. The class includes gentle warm-up movements, restorative postures, breath work and deep relaxation methods. No yoga experience is necessary. Please call to sign up. Class size is limited to 20. Class fee is $20. Arrive at 9:30 a.m. dressed comfortably and bring 2 pillows, 2 large towels and a medium-size blanket. This class is led by Sallie Norris Beckes, certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor, specializing in Senior and Modified Yoga.
JULY 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: Wednesdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
- BOOK FOLDING CLASS: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents. (Note: No Exercise class from July 7th to July 21st.)
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents. (Note: No Sit & Be Fit class from July 7th to July 21st.)
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- TAI CHI CLASS: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.