The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its December 2018 Excursion and Events. Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- December 3rd at 6 p.m.: Community Potluck at the Orange Beach Community Center. Bring a dish to pass. For additional information, contact Linda Tucker at 251-981-1942.
- December 4th at 8 a.m.: “Yoga for EveryBody!” - Just a reminder that the yoga class has moved to 8 a.m. for the winter months.
- December 7th at 10 a.m.: “Holiday Mystery Trip” - Please join us for some holiday fun. Not sure what’s in store… Cost is $5, which will be go toward toys for children affected by Hurricane Michael. There is space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- December 11th at 10 a.m.: Grief Support Group - This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- December 12th at 3:30 p.m.: “Bellingrath Gardens Holiday Lights” - We will depart from the Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center at 3:30 p.m. Cost per person is $20, which includes transportation and a Bellingrath Gardens ticket. There will be moderate to heavy walking through the garden. There is food available to purchase at Bellingrath or feel free to pack a snack. We should be back in Orange Beach by 9:30 p.m. We have seats available for 20. Sign up begins December 3rd and you may call to sign up. Payment is due 24 hours after sign up.
- December 14th at 10 a.m.: “Holiday Shopping Trip to Fairhope” - Cost for the trip is $5 for transportation. We have space available for 22. Please call to sign up.
- December 21st from 10 a.m. to noon: “Restorative Yoga Class” - Restorative Yoga will ease you into relaxation and healing, whatever your age and ability. This adaptable yoga is relatively easy, effective and enjoyable. The class includes gentle warm-up movements, restorative postures, breath work and deep relaxation methods. No yoga experience is necessary. Please call to sign up. Class size is limited to 20. Class fee is $20. Arrive at 9:30 a.m. dressed comfortably and bring two pillows, two large towels and a medium size blanket. This class is led by Sallie Norris Beckes, certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor, specializing in Senior and Modified Yoga.
- December 24th through January 2nd the Center will be Closed: We look forward to seeing everyone in 2019. The center will reopen at 8 a.m. Wednesday, January 2nd.
DECEMBER 2018 ARTS & CRAFTS
- Please call 981-3440 to sign up for Senior Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- BURLAP CHRISTMAS TREE CLASS: December 5th and December 19th - Wednesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. - Cost is $15.
- Seashell Ornaments: December 6th, 13th and 20th - Thursdays 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH & BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-9 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents $5 for non-residents.