The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its August 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- August 2nd - 10 a.m. to Noon: “Restorative Yoga Class”: Restorative Yoga will ease you into relaxation and healing, whatever your age and ability. If you are living with chronic pain, such as arthritis, osteoporosis or stiff joints, this adaptable yoga is relatively easy, effective, and enjoyable. The class includes gentle warm-up movements, restorative postures, breath work and deep relaxation methods. No yoga experience is necessary. Please call to sign up. Class size is limited to 20. Class fee is $20. Arrive at 9:30 dressed comfortably and bring two pillows, two large towels and a medium-size blanket. This class is led by Sallie Norris Beckes, certified Kripalu Yoga instructor, specializing in Senior and Modified Yoga.
- August 12th at 1 p.m.: Are you interested in learning to play Mah Jong? Mary Lou and Sarah of our Mah Jong group have offered to teach. Please call the Adult/Senior Activity Center if you are interested.
- August 13th at 10 a.m. - Grief Support Group: This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- August 15th at 9 a.m. - “Meet Courtney”: Please join us in welcoming Courtney Bradley of the Council on Aging. Courtney will be visiting us the third Thursday of each month and can assist you with any questions you may have and provide information on any assistance the Council on Aging can provide.
- August 15th - 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: FYI - The Orange Beach Police Department is having an Open House. Public is invited to tour the department, view police vehicles and enjoy a light lunch.
- August 16th at 9 a.m.: “Vintage Market Days Trip” - We will travel over to The Grounds in Mobile. This is an indoor event with vintage and vintage-inspired items, architectural salvage, repurposed items, jewelry and clothing. Cost is $13 for entrance and transportation. There will be food trucks on site for lunch. We have space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- August 23rd at 10 a.m. - ”Mystery Lunch Trip”: We will depart from the Senior Center at 10 a.m. and head off to our mystery destination. Cost is $2 for transportation. We have space available for 12. Please call to sign up.
AUGUST 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: Wednesdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
- SALT SCRUB CLASS: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $5.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH AND BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- TAI CHI CLASS: Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.