Post-Hurricane Nate 6 a.m. update:
Hurricane Nate made landfall at 12:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017, near Biloxi, Mississippi.
As of 6 a.m. Sunday, here are the conditions in the City of Orange Beach:
- Perdido Beach Boulevard has no water in the road.
- Minor wind issues at Seawall Park.
- Alabama Point is intact with minor erosion.
- Inland waters have calmed.
- Some tree damage around town.
- Gulf waters will remain closed to swimmers as swells generated by Nate will affect land areas around the Gulf of Mexico through this evening. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
- Minor beach erosion with what appears worst area eroded on west end around Phoenix West II condo.