The City of Orange Beach is pleased to present the 2022 Orange Beach Mardi Gras Parade to be held Tuesday, March 1 at 2 p.m. The parade will be organized at the designated lineup zone beginning west of the traffic light at Wolf Bay Lodge (formerly Fin & Fork) on Perdido Beach Boulevard (Hwy 182).
Lineup Numbers will be placed on the south side of Hwy 182 in progressive order to the west. The parade will begin just west of the traffic light and will proceed to the east to Highway 161 (Walgreens). All parading units and walkers must be in place by 1:15 p.m. for final inspection before the parade rolls.
- All parade entries must complete an application and pay the appropriate entry fee for each entry; which includes contact information, description of the entry, activities, and other details about the entry.
- The application will be screened by the City of Orange Beach Mardi Gras Committee and upon acceptance. The Committee reserves the right to refuse entry based on application information or past parade infractions. ALL activities must be kept “family friendly” for all to enjoy.
- An entry fee of $50 for the first unit, and $25 for each additional unit must be included with the completed application and must be received before Friday, Feb. 18 at 5 p.m. at City Hall. Applications without FEE will NOT be screened.
- Proof of vehicular liability insurance MUST accompany your parade application if parading a motorized vehicle. Proof of Insurance on each vehicle used in the parade is required.
- All participants in the Orange Beach Mardi Gras parade will be subject to photography and videography.
- All vehicle drivers must be licensed and be in possession of their current, valid driver’s license. The driver must be at least 19 years of age or older. All drivers, including those riding motorcycles and golf carts, will be given a breathalyzer test, administered by the Orange Beach Police Department.
- Parade Guidelines will be included in the packet with the float assignment number. The float assignment number will be given out no earlier than Thursday, Feb. 24, 2022.
To participate in the 2022 Orange Beach Mardi Gras parade, please complete the official application and return it along with the appropriate entry fee and copy of proof of insurance for each motorized entry by Friday, Feb. 18 at 5 p.m. to City Hall. Click here to download the application and information for the City of Orange Beach’s 2022 Fat Tuesday parade.
The Committee will screen all entries and your entry will be notified of your parade position with an official lineup number. Lineup numbers must be at least 8.5” x 11” and displayed on the front left of any vehicle participating in the parade.
For more information, contact Angela Bateman, Event Operations Director, at 251-981-6629 or email@example.com.