The Orange Beach City Council will hold its regular meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, followed by the Committee of the Whole meeting.
Following are the agendas for the meetings. Please note that the information below may not be the most up-to-date information. For the full and most up-to-date agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
I. Call to Order
III. Pledge of Allegiance
IV. Roll Call:
V. Consideration of Agenda
VI. Consideration of Previous Minutes
- Regular Council Meeting 09/11/18
- Committee of the Whole 09/11/18
VII. Reports of Officers/Committees
VIII. Auditing of Accounts
XI. Unfinished Business
- Resolution accepting the donation of a piano from Friends of the Arts, Inc.
- Second Reading – Ordinance amending Chapter 34 of the Code of Ordinances for the City of Orange Beach to update requirements for fire prevention and protection.
XII. New Business
- ADDITION: Approval of a Retail Common Carrier Liquor License Application by Paradise Parasail, Inc., for Cetacean Cruises, 4673 Wharf Parkway Slip 2.
- ADDITION: Resolution authorizing the execution of a change order with Roads, Inc. of NWF for the 2018 Roadway Resurfacing Project in an amount not to exceed $22,768.
- Public hearing for an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0813-PUDA-18, Windward Lakes, Lot 1 Setback Variance (Mariner Lakes PUD).
- Public hearing to revoke the business license for Pleasure Island Property Management LLC pursuant to Section 50-73 of the Orange Beach Code of Ordinances.
- First Reading – Ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0813- PUDA-18, Windward Lakes, Lot 1 Setback Variance (Mariner Lakes PUD).
XIII. Public Comments/Community Discussion
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
I. ROLL CALL
II. CONSIDERATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting 09/18/18
- Committee of the Whole 09/18/18
- Special-Called Council Meeting 09/25/18
III. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- Discuss rescheduling Council Meeting on November 20, 2018. (RE)
- Discuss employee health insurance plan. (FH/VP)
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a lease agreement with RicMic, LLC, d/b/a Coastal Boat Sales. (KG)
- Resolution authorizing the execution of an Alabama Coastal Area Management Program grant agreement with the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources for the update of the City of Orange Beach Comprehensive Plan. (KA)
- Resolution authorizing the the execution of an agreement with the South Alabama Regional Planning Commission for professional and technical assistance in preparing the update of the City of Orange Beach Comprehensive Plan in an amount not to exceed $50,000. (KA)
- Resolution authorizing the purchase of a vehicle for the Police Department from State Bid in the amount of $32,416.54. (JF)
- Ordinance granting a 10-year non-exclusive franchise to Whitesky Communications, LLC, to construct, maintain and operate a communications cable system network for the purpose of transmission of cable services within all incorporated portions and locations of the City of Orange Beach, Alabama, and to use and occupy the streets, alleys and other public places of the City for such purposes. (BF/RE)
- Ordinance amending Chapter 34, Article II of the Code of Ordinances for the City of Orange Beach, Alabama, to update "Emergency Medical Treatment and Transport Services." (JP)
- Reminder: Public hearing and first reading for an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0811-ZT-18, Article 15: Roof & Window Signs on October 16, 2018.
- Reminder: Public hearing and first reading for an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0905-PUDA-18, Meeting Square Subdivision at Tannin.
V. Public Comments/Community Discussion
For the full agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
The next regular council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 5 p.m.