The Orange Beach City Council will hold its regular meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 19th, followed by the Committee of the Whole meeting.
Following are the agendas for the meetings. Please note that the information below may not be the most up-to-date information. For the full and most up-to-date agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
I. Call to Order
III. Pledge of Allegiance
IV. Roll Call:
V. Consideration of Agenda
VI. Consideration of Previous Minutes
- Work Session 02/19/2019
- Regular Council Meeting 02/19/2019
- Committee of the Whole 02/19/2019
VII. Reports of Officers/Committees
VIII. Auditing of Accounts
XI. Unfinished Business
- Second Reading – Resolution authorizing the execution of a 3rd Amended and Restated Development Agreement related to the Wharf.
- Second Reading – Ordinance amending Chapter 42, Article III of the Municipal Code (Flood Damage Prevention).
XII. New Business
- Approval of a Restaurant Retail Liquor License Application by TBT V OBA, LLC, for The Blind Tiger, 4673 Wharf Parkway, Suite B.
- Resolution appropriating funds to partner with Orange Beach Elementary School to open Sea, Sand, and Stars Science and Nature Center during the summer of 2019 in the amount of $18,144.
- Resolution amending the Employees Pay Plan/Job Listing to add the positions of Creative Director and Environmental Specialist/Forester.
- Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a task order with Sawgrass Consulting to perform land surveying and engineering professional services for the design, permitting and construction inspection of the proposed Powerline Roadway In an amount not to exceed $175,000.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a sponsored research agreement with the University of Alabama for the purpose of researching remaining tarballs along Alabama's beaches 10 years after the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in an amount not to exceed $50,000.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a professional services agreement with McCollough Architecture, Inc., for architectural services.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a task order with McCollough Architecture, Inc., to provide permit drawings for the new Sportsplex Locker Facility Building in an amount not to exceed $31,000.
- Resolution awarding the bid for Two Outboard Motors for the Marine 1 Police Boat to Island Bay Marine, LLC, in the amount of $23,500 and declaring the two existing motors as surplus and unneeded.
- Resolution awarding the annual bid for Grinding Vegetative Debris to Mobile Forest Products & Biomass, Inc.
- Resolution authorizing execution of a Statutory Warranty Deed, License Agreements, and Transfer of Guaranteed Contribution and Use Agreement with the Baldwin County Board of Education.
- First Reading – Ordinance amending Chapter 18 of the Code of Ordinances for the City of Orange Beach, Alabama, entitled "Courts" to add a new Article III, entitled "Pre-Trial Diversion Program.
XIII. Public Comments/Community Discussion
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
I. ROLL CALL
II. CONSIDERATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting 03/12/2019
- Committee of the Whole 03/12/2019
III. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- Designate nominee for County Board of Equalization. (RE)
- Resolution awarding the bid for a New Gymnasium at the Orange Beach Recreation Complex. (KG)
- Resolution awarding the bid for a Police Department Video System. (JF)
- Resolution awarding the bid for Self Contained Breathing Apparatus for the Fire Department. (JP)
- Resolution declaring the "Back-to-School" Sales Tax Holiday July 19-21, 2019. (FH)
- Resolution opposing proposed SB23 and opposing any action by the Alabama Legislature that would restrict or remove municipal police or planning jurisdictions. (RS)
- Resolution opposing proposed SB19 and opposing any action by the Alabama Legislature that would exempt certain vacation, short-term rentals from lodgings taxes. (RS)
- Resolution appropriating funds for the Expect Excellence Program for Fiscal Year 2019 in an amount not to exceed $270,000. (FH)
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a task order with Olsen Associates, Inc., to perform engineered beach annual monitoring in the amount of $48,200. (PW)
V. Public Comments
For the full agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
The next regular council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2nd at 5 p.m.