A FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center (MRICs) will open for Hurricane Sally survivors today - Sunday, Sept. 27 - through Tuesday, Sept. 29 at the Foley Satellite Courthouse, 201 E. Section Avenue.
Another mobile center will be in Atmore in the parking lot at the Atmore City Hall Complex, 201 E. Louisville Avenue.
Both centers will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day to serve impacted residents of Baldwin, Escambia and Mobile counties.
The centers are part of FEMA’s and the State of Alabama’s ongoing response and recovery mission supporting hurricane survivors. The MRIC will be operated by FEMA personnel and serve as a point of registration and information for eligible individuals and families.
MRICs are one option available to register with FEMA and apply for federal disaster assistance. These centers operate under protocols to protect the health and safety of registrants. Survivors are highly encouraged to wear masks or face coverings when visiting an MRIC.
Additional MRICs will open in Baldwin, Mobile, and Escambia counties in the coming days. The locations and dates will be announced when details are finalized.
Survivors may also register for federal disaster assistance:
- Online at https://www.disasterassistance.gov/
- By downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet, or
- By calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585). Helpline operators are also available to answer questions about applications already submitted.
Information that may be useful to have when you register includes:
- Address of the damaged primary dwelling where the damage occurred
- Current mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Insurance information and description of disaster-caused damage and loss
- Total household annual income
- Names and birth dates of family members who live in the household
- Name and Social Security number of co-applicant (if applicable)
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account so FEMA may directly transfer disaster assistance funds
For the latest information on FEMA's response to Hurricane Sally, go to https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4563.