Moderate surf and/or currents.
By Jessica Langston
Jeff Hartley is the City of Orange Beach Utilities Director, and has a long history on the island and with his fellow employees at the wastewater treatment plant.
“My favorite thing is the relationship with the guys we have,” Hartley said. “We have pretty good comradery -- it’s a pretty tight group. Most have been with me 10-plus years, ever since...
Mardi Gras parades in Orange Beach will begin to roll with The Mystics of Pleasure's parade on Saturday, February 22, followed by "Moon Pies on Main" at The Wharf on Monday, February 24 and then the finale on Fat Tuesday, February 25 with the city’s parade starting at 2.
On February 22, the Mystics will be joined by the Mystical Order of Mirams as there will be no Friday night parade....
The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its February 2020 Excursions and Events.
Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- February 3rd at 6 p.m.: Monthly Community Potluck at Community Center. Bring a dish to pass.
- February 6th at 6 p.m.: Library Lecture Series—Civil War Lecture w/Paul Brueske
- February 12th...
The Orange Beach Public Library is hosting its Winter Lecture Series each Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Senior Center. The series runs through February.
The lectures are as follows:
- January 23rd - Southern Rider: Join Elisabeth La Beaud on at 6 p.m. on January 23rd for her lecture on the Freedom Summer.
- January 30th - Join author Frank Kelso at 6 p.m. January 30th as...
The City of Orange Beach Continuing Excellence Program is offering free workshops through March. The classes are open to adults of all ages and are held at the Orange Beach Recreation Center in Portable Classroom No. 1, unless otherwise noted.
The schedule is as follows:
- January 22nd - “Photo Boot Camp: Photography with Your Smartphone” from 9 a.m. to noon...