The Orange Beach City Council will hold its regular meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, followed by the Committee of the Whole meeting. Additionally, the council will hold a special-called council meeting at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, where it will go into executive session to discuss a proposed economic development project.
Following are the agendas for the meetings. Please note that the information below may not be the most up-to-date information. For the full and most up-to-date agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
I. Call to Order
III. Pledge of Allegiance
IV. Roll Call
V. Consideration of Agenda
VI. Consideration of Previous Minutes
- Regular Council Meeting 04/17/18
- Committee of the Whole 04/17/18
VII. Reports of Officers/Committees
C. Director, Community Development
1. BUILDING OFFICIAL'S REPORT FOR APRIL 2018,
VIII. Auditing of Accounts
XI. Unfinished Business
- Resolution awarding the bid for a Drone.
XII. New Business
- ADDITION: Approval of a Special Retail Liquor License Application by Gilbeys, L.L.C., for "Ball Drop," 4851 Wharf Parkway, Suite D 117.
- Resolution appropriating funds for the Expect Excellence program from June 1, 2018, through December 31, 2018, in an amount not to exceed $150,000.
- Resolution appropriating funds for the purchase of a commercial grade walk-in cooler to Christian Service Center, Inc., in the amount of $25,000.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a software service renewal agreement for art jury processing with Zapp Software, LLC.
- Resolution to authorize the Mayor to sign a State-Local Disaster Assistance Agreement with the State of Alabama for FEMA 4349 (Hurricane Nate).
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a professional services agreement with Thompson Consulting Services, LLC, to provide disaster debris monitoring, emergency management planning and disaster grant consulting services.
- Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute service orders with Uniti Fiber LLC for Perdido Beach Boulevard traffic signals.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a professional services agreement with Safe Span, L.L.C., for engineering and bridge inspection services.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a task order with Sawgrass Consulting, LLC, to provide professional land surveying services for the design of the Wolf Bay Bridge in an amount not to exceed $200,000.
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a task order with Burk-Kleinpeter, Inc., to provide professional engineering services for the final roadway and bridge design of the Wolf Bay Bridge and associated roadways in an amount not to exceed $3,120,432.62.
- ADDITION: Resolution declaring certain personal property owned by the City of Orange Beach as surplus and unneeded, and authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to dispose of such property.
- ADDITION: Resolution authorizing the execution of a service agreement with Harbor Communications, LLC, to connect fiber to the MedicalArts Building in an amount not to exceed $3,820.
XIII. Public Comments/Community Discussion
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
I. ROLL CALL
II. CONSIDERATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting 05/01/18
- Committee of the Whole 05/01/18
III. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AGENDA ITEMS
IV. Unfinished Business
V. New Business
- Discuss funding for Guided Reading Program. (TK)
- Resolution authorizing execution of a memorandum of understanding for conservation enhancement with Escambia County and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. (PW)
- Resolution appointing members to the Solid Waste DisposalAuthority. (RE)
- Resolution authorizing the execution of a task order with Thompson Consulting Services, LLC, to provide professional services to update the City's Disaster Debris Management Plan in an amount not to exceed $7,500. (PW)
- Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a cooperative service agreement with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to implement a coyote management plan. (PW)
- Ordinance amending the City of Orange Beach, Code of Ordinances, Chapter 30, Article VI to provide additional protections for beach and dune areas. (WS)
- Reminder: Public hearing and first reading for an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0406-PUDA-18, Cypress Village Courtyard, Phase 2.
- Reminder: Public hearing and first reading for an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0503-PUDA-18, Beach Village PUD Food Court.
VI. Public Comments/Community Discussion
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING AGENDA
I. Call To Order
II. Roll Call
III. Consideration of Agenda
IV. Unfinished Business
V. New Business
- Executive session to discuss a proposed economic development project for the City of Orange Beach. Resolutions Ordinances
For the full agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
The next regular council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 5 at 5 p.m.