Due to the Christmas holidays, the Orange Beach City Council will hold its second meeting of December a week early. The council will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, followed by its Committee of the Whole meeting. The meetings are held in the City Hall Council Chambers, 4099 Orange Beach Blvd.
Following are the agendas for both meetings. For the full agendas and attachments, go to https://orangebeach.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/.
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
I. Call to Order
III. Pledge of Allegiance
IV. Roll Call:
V. Consideration of Agenda
VI. Consideration of Previous Minutes
1. Regular Council Meeting 11/14/17
2. Committee of the Whole 11/14/17
VII. Reports of Officers/Committees
VIII. Public Comments/Agenda Items
IX. Auditing of Accounts
XII. Unfinished Business
1. Resolution authorizing the transfer of City property to Baldwin County Board of Education.
1. Second Reading - Ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 0703-PUD-17, Greenway Apartments at Orange Beach PUD.
XIII. New Business
1. Discuss rescheduling January 2, 2018, Council and Committee of the Whole Meetings to Thursday, January 4, 2018.
1. Resolution reappointing Julian Brackin as Municipal Court Judge for the City of Orange Beach.
2. Resolution authorizing execution of a professional services agreement with Van Scoyoc Associates for consulting services.
3. Resolution authorizing execution of a professional services agreement with Bob Riley and Associations, LLC, for lobbying services.
4. Resolution authorizing execution of a professional services agreement with Socialize Your Bizness, Inc., for social media consulting and marketing services.
5. Resolution appointing the City Attorney for 2018.
6. Resolution appointing Attorneys for 2018.
7. Resolution authorizing the purchase of Three Vehicles for the Utilities Department from State Bid in the amount of $91,851.
8. Resolution authorizing execution of a service agreement with Beebe's Pest & Termite Control, Inc., for Termite Control at the Coastal Arts Center and Clay Shop.
9. Resolution awarding annual bids for aggregate, chlorine, concrete, concrete labor, lime, masonry labor, sand, topsoil, and sod.
10. Resolution rejecting the annual bid for salt.
11. Resolution awarding the bid for barricades.
12. Resolution awarding the bid for refurbishment of the Sea Duster.
13. Resolution accepting Cotton Bayou Lane as a city street.
14. Resolution authorizing execution of a task order with Sawgrass Consulting, LLC, to provide a boundary survey for the Bean Property on Canal Road adjacent to the Orange Beach Golf Center in an amount not to exceed $2,000.
15. Resolution amending Resolution No. 09-135, Sewer Rate Schedule and Usage Guidelines.
16. Resolution establishing investment policy.
17. ADDITION: Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a quitclaim deed for property no longer needed for municipal purposes.
1. ADDITION: First Reading - Ordinance granting a nonexclusive franchise to Lyft, Inc., to provide transportation services in the City of Orange Beach and authorizing the execution of a franchise agreement.
XIV. Public Comments/Community Discussion
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
I. Roll Call
II. Consideration of Previous Minutes
1. Regular Council Meeting 12/05/17
2. Committee of the Whole 12/05/17
III. Public Comments/Agenda Items
IV. Unfinished Business
V. New Business
1. Resolution authorizing execution of a performance contract with Baldwin County Economic Development Alliance, Inc. (KG)
2. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute the annual cooperative agreement with the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM). (PW)
3. Resolution reappointing members to the Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals. (LS)
1. Set a public hearing date for an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 172, the Zoning Ordinance, Case No. 1211-PUDA-17, Terry Cove Harbor PUD, Phase 2 Lot 133, Setback Variance. (Suggested date 01/02/18) (GP)
VI. Public Comments/Community Discussion
For current information regarding times and date of meetings of the council and committee of the whole, call 251-980-INFO (251-980-4636) for a recorded message or visit our web site at www.orangebeachal.gov.