The 2019 Southeastern Conference Women’s Soccer Championship kicked off on a picture-perfect day at the Orange Beach Sportsplex on Sunday, Nov. 3.
The afternoon offered up some high-caliber play as No. 7-seeded Alabama defeated No. 10 Auburn, 2-1, in overtime and then 8th-seeded Ole Miss downed No. 9 Mississippi, 2-1. For full recaps of each game, visit www.secsports.com/championship/soccer.
Play will resume on Tuesday, November 5th with:
- Match 3: Alabama facing No. 2-seeded Vanderbilt at noon.
- Match 4: At 2:30 p.m., 6th-seeded Georgia faces No. 3 South Carolina.
- Match 5: Ole Miss facing No. 1 seed Arkansas at 5 p.m.
- Match 6: Play on Tuesday wraps up with a 7:30 p.m. match between No. 5-seeded Florida and No. 4 Texas A&M.
On Thursday, November 7th:
- Match 7: At 3:30 p.m., the winner of March 5 faces the winner of Match 6.
- Match 8: At 6 p.m. the winner of Match 3 faces the winner of Match 4.
The championship is scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday, November 10th.
For the official bracket and times go to www.secsports.com/bracket/soccer.
The Orange Beach Sportsplex is at 4389 William Silvers Parkway, just off Highway 180 (Canal Road) in Orange Beach, about 1 mile from the Foley Beach Express exit on Canal Road. Tickets to watch the games will be available at the gate. Adult tickets are $5 per game and children (K-12) are $2 per day. Also, any youth soccer player that comes in uniform gets in free.
If you can’t make it to the games, be sure to catch all of the action in Orange Beach LIVE on the SEC Network.