The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its May 2019 Excursions and Events. Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- May 2 at 12:45 p.m. - “National Day of Prayer” will be observed at The Coastal Arts Center of Orange Beach. Everyone is welcome.
- May 3 at 11 a.m. - “Lunch Mystery Trip”: The group will depart from the Senior Center at 10:30 a.m. The center staff select a “Fun” lunch spot they think everyone will enjoy. Cost is $2 per person for transportation. We have space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- May 6 at 6 p.m. - Community Potluck at the Orange Beach Community Center. Bring a dish to pass.
- May 16 at 8:30 a.m. - “Senior Breakfast” at the Foley Civic Center. In recognition of Older Americans Month. The group will depart Orange Beach at 8:30 a.m. There will be space available for 12.
- May 17 - “Lunch & Movie Matinee”: Lunch destination and movie TBA closer to date to see which movies are available. Please call to sign up.
- May 21 at 10:30 a.m. - “Tuesday Topics” - The speaker will be Sergeant Trent Johnson of the Orange Beach Police Department. The topic will be Identity Theft. Please call to sign up.
- May 22 at 9 a.m. - Masters Games Events at Orange Beach Recreation Center. Events to include shuffleboard, table tennis, checkers and swimming. Please feel free to come cheer on our participants.
- May 24 at 11 a.m. - “Indoor Memorial Day Picnic” - Join the center for a picnic. All the fixings will be provided. Please call to sign up.
- May 28 at 5 p.m. - “Trip: Pensacola Blue Wahoo’s Game”: We’ll depart from the Senior Center at 5 p.m. Cost is $15 per person for game ticket and transportation. There will be space available for 12.
IN OTHER NEWS:
The center’s Line Dance instructor Lori Sherman will be on vacation in June and July. So the center will be having a Tai Chi Class on Wednesdays in June and July from 9:30-10:30 a.m. The instructor will be Rio Barlow Cordy.
The last day of school in Baldwin County is May 23rd.
MAY 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- COLOR ME CALM: Wednesdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Free class; all materials will be supplied.
- ETCHED GLASS: Thursdays – 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.