The Orange Beach Adult/Senior Activity Center has announced its December 2019 Excursions and Events.
Call 251-981-3440 to sign up for any of the events listed below.
- December 2nd - 6 p.m.: Community Center Potluck at Orange Beach Community Center. Bring a dish to pass. For additional information, contact Linda Tucker 251-981-1942
- December 6th at 10 a.m.: “HOLIDAY MYSTERY TRIP” - Please join us for some holiday fun. Not sure what’s in store. Cost is $5, which we will donate to Toys for Tots. The center has space available for 20. Please call to sign up.
- December 10th at 10 a.m.: Grief Support Group - This group will be led by Community Hospice.
- December 13th at 10:30 a.m.: “Healthy Holidays Make & Take Party” - Join us for hot cocoa as we learn about natural wellness and make an all-natural Christmas household cleaner, facial serum and wellness rollers to keep us well through the winter months! Instructor is Mary Allison Thomas. Cost is $10 per person. Please call to sign up.
- December 18th at 3:30 p.m.: “Bellingrath Gardens Holiday Lights” - We will depart from the Orange Beach Senior Center at 3:30 p.m. Cost per person is $20, which includes transportation and a Bellingrath Gardens ticket. Moderate to heavy walking through garden. There is food available to purchase at Bellingrath or feel free to pack a snack. We should be back in Orange Beach by 9:30 p.m. There are seats available for 20. Sign up begins December 3rd; you may call to sign up and payment is due 24 hours after sign up.
- December 20th: “HOLIDAY MOVIE & LUNCH” - Movie time and lunch destination to be announced. Once movie schedules for this date are available. Please call to sign up.
- December 24th through January 2nd: The Senior Center will be closed. We look forward to seeing everyone in 2020. We will reopen at 8 a.m. on Thursday, January 2nd.
Just a Reminder… Yoga in January will be 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., Tuesday and Thursday
Also, blood pressure checks are provided by Orange Beach Fire Rescue each Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
DECEMBER 2019 ARTS & CRAFTS
Please call 251-981-3440 to sign up for Adult/Senior Activity Center classes.
- OPEN WORKSHOPS: Mondays - 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- CERAMICS: Tuesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is per Item.
- BURLAP CHRISTMAS TREE: Wednesdays - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $15.
- SEASHELL ORNAMENTS: Dec. 5th, 12th and 19th - 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Cost is $10.
ONGOING WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
- STRENGTH AND BALANCE EXERCISE CLASS: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-8:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- SIT & BE FIT EXERCISE CLASS: Monday and Wednesday, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- HAND & FOOT CANASTA: Monday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- MAH JONG: Monday at 1 p.m.
- BRIDGE: Tuesday and Thursday, Noon-3:30 p.m.
- YOGA for EVERY BODY: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- DOMINOES: Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; and Thursday at 1 p.m.
- TAI CHI CLASS: Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
- LINE DANCING CLASS: Wednesday: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Cost for class is $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
Links to the December 2019 newsletter and calendar: