The 2019 Al Peck Century Doubles Tennis Tournament was held March 16 at the Orange Beach Tennis Center with 30 players participating in the one-day event.
The following players participated:
- Randy Ranft of Orange Beach / Barry Fields of Tuscaloosa (1st Place)
- Chris Logel of Orange Beach / Ken Straubinger of Orange Beach (2nd Place)
- Keith Hilton of Gulf Shores / John Milano of Foley
- Rob Goldsmith of Foley / Robert Williamson of Elberta
- Kent Seavey of Orange Beach / Milton Fleming of Gadsden (1st Place)
- Linwood Lloyd of Orange Beach / Jim Turbyfill of Foley (2nd Place)
- Aaron Bauer of Foley / Bob Clark of Michigan
- Randy Nelson of Wisconsin / Bill Simon of Wisconsin
- Diane Harrison of Orange Beach / Becky Jones of Orange Beach (1st Place)
- Laurie Green of Orange Beach / Jody Barbour of Orange Beach (2nd Place)
- Annette Mitchell of Orange Beach / Lora Melton of Orange Beach
- Susan Grant of Orange Beach / Jackie Holloway of Lillian
- Barbara Smith of Gadsden / Angie Hunt of Orange Beach (1st Place)
- Tina Wilson of Orange Beach / Sher Miller of Orange Beach (2nd Place)
- Amy Poore of Birmingham / Barbara Dillon of Jackson, MS.
Both doubles partner’s ages must equal 100 or more. Players who added up to 125 were granted 1 point each game. The team of Nelson/Simon was granted 2 points each game since their ages added up to 153. Ten game pro sets were played in the round-robin format.
Special thanks to the Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism bureau for its contributions.
The next Orange Beach tennis event will be the 2019 Spring UTR Adult/Junior tournament on April 5-7, which will include both singles and doubles. Interested players must go to www.myutr.com and create an account to register. Ginny Gilbert of Villaggio Grille, Mark Tampary of Brett/Robinson Real Estate, and Tim McInnis of McInnis Construction LLE are the sponsors.