The Orange Beach Fire Rescue Firefighter I/II Recruit Class 19-02 graduated on Wednesday, November 20th during a ceremony at the Orange Beach Event Center.
The 11 individuals took to the stage as recruits and stepped down as sworn firefighters, with 10 representing Orange Beach Fire Rescue and one representing Chickasaw Fire Department.
The class fulfilled all of the requirements set forth by the Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission.
The ceremony included the badge pinning by the graduates’ family members and loved ones; a certificate ceremony led by Assistant Chief of Training Kevin Lanford; and the oath of office given by Orange Beach Fire Chief Mike Kimmerling. Mayor Tony Kennon and City Administrator Ken Grimes welcomed Class 19-02 and praised the program. Pensacola Fire Department Chief Ginny Cranor gave the graduation address. Also in attendance was Foley Fire Chief Joey Darby, who serves as chairman of the Alabama Fire College.
The graduates include the following:
- Zachary Black (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Tristan Branham (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Ethan Brown (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Jarrett Byrd (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Billy Cassady (Chickasaw Fire Department)
- Andrew Driggers (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Ashlie Fristoe (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Chad Hartley (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Brandon Hornkohl (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Frank Minervini III (Orange Beach Fire Department)
- Derrick Mueller (Orange Beach Fire Department)
The academic award was earned by Ethan Brown and the leadership award was shared by Frank Minervini III and Chad Hartley because they brought complementary leadership to the team.
Orange Beach Fire Department Mission Statement: To provide the best protection and service possible with pride, honor and integrity.
Alabama Fire College Mission Statement: Our continuing commitment is to facilitate excellence in education, training, certification, and support services for the emergency response community.