POSITION TO BE FILLED: REC LEADER I - EXPECT EXCELLENCE COUNSELOR
STARTING PAY: $14.67 (GRADE 6)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OUF
STARTING DATE: TBA
JOB SUMMARY: The Expect Excellence Counselor is responsible for assisting and leading programs, activities, and special events for children in a group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety, development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his or her group. The Expect Excellence Counselor will help Coordinator/Instructors to provide high-quality educational and recreational experiences for participants that focus on the core values of character, integrity, work ethic, respect, and discipline.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be willing to complete First Aid and CPR certification. (Classes provided).
- Experience in working with children.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, or apply online at www.orangebeachal.gov.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug/Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
“THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND OFFERS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL PERSONS, INCLUDING THE DISABLED.”
P.O. Box 458 ● Orange Beach, AL 36561 ● Phone (251)981-6979 ● Fax (251)981-1442 ●