POSITION TO BE FILLED: POLICE OFFICER FULL-TIME
STARTING SALARY: $47,428-69,628
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
STARTING DATE: TBA
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction the officer patrols a designated section of the city on foot or in an automobile. Respond to complaints. Serves warrants and subpoenas and testifies in court. Conducts preliminary investigations and makes arrests. Provide traffic control and assistance. Perform other police-related duties when required. Respond to medical emergencies as required.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license.
- Possess a High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Certification by the Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission (APOSTC) for law enforcement officers is preferred.
- Certified in other states and could attend a two-week lateral class would be acceptable.
- Possess the ability to successfully pass a physical ability test and a standardized written test before advancing to the interview phase of the selection process.
- Willing to work non-standard hours, weekends, and holidays.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561 or apply online at www.orangebeachal.gov.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug-Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A PARTICIPANT OF E-VERIFY
P.O. Box 458 ♦ Orange Beach, AL 36561 ♦ Phone (251)981-6979 ♦ Fax (251)981-1442 ♦ www.orangebeachal.gov