POSITION TO BE FILLED: POLICE OFFICER FULL-TIME
STARTING SALARY: $41,561 – 57,417 (GRADE 8)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OCTOBER 01, 2019
STARTING DATE: TBA
Job Summary: Under general direction the officer patrols a designated section of the city on foot or in an automobile. Respond to complaints. Serves warrants and subpoenas and testifies in court. Conducts preliminary investigations and makes arrests. Provide traffic control and assistance. Perform other police-related duties when required. Respond to medical emergencies as required.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess Certification by the Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission (APOSTC) for law enforcement officers.
- Possess the ability to successfully pass a physical ability test and a standardized written test before advancing to the interview phase of the selection process.
- Willing to work non-standard hours, weekends and holidays.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561 or apply online at www.orangebeachal.gov.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the job closing date posted above.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A PARTICIPANT OF E-VERIF
P.O. Box 458 ♦ Orange Beach, AL 36561 ♦ Phone (251)981-6979 ♦ Fax (251)981-1442 ♦ www.orangebeachal.gov.