POSITION TO BE FILLED: LIFEGUARD BEACH SAFETY - TEMPORARY
STARTING SALARY: $14.10 HOURLY (GRADE 5)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: TBA
STARTING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
JOB SUMMARY: The public beaches are used for recreational swimming, playing, surfing and many other special activities throughout the year. Lifeguards are employed to patrol the beach to oversee the aquatic activities taking place and to ensure the safety of those patrons that are utilizing the public beaches. Lifeguards are responsible for providing protection of life on public beaches, basic life support assistance on an emergency basis for the care and treatment of a sick and injured person(s). They assist with the enforcement of safety rules, regulations and ensuring the safety of beach patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies. In addition, lifeguards are employed to perform any other assigned duties when not actively serving in the role as a lifeguard and beach safety.
- Prerequisite Swim: 500 Meters / 550 Yards in 10 minutes or less.
- Possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License with vessel endorsement.
- Must be a minimum of 17 years of age or older.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and other non-standard hours when necessary.
- One-year experience as a lifeguard is preferred.
- Emergency Medical or EMT preferred.
- Required Current Certifications Include:
- United States Lifesaving Association Surf Lifesaving Certificate (must attend in house academy prior to hiring)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – Adult, Infant, Child
- Must be able to acquire:
- First-aid or First Responder/EMR
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561 or submitted at our website at www.orangebeachal.gov.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug-Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
“THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND OFFERS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL PERSONS, INCLUDING THE DISABLED.”
P.O. Box 458 ● Orange Beach, AL 36561●Phone (251)981-6979 ● Fax (251)981-1442●www.orangebeachal.gov.