POSITION TO BE FILLED: JAIL SUPERVISOR
STARTING SALARY: $43,745 - $60,780
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: SEPTEMBER 02, 2019
STARTING DATE: TBA
Job Summary: Supervises the day-to-day operations of the municipal jail, and complete all necessary reports. Process and release prisoners from jail, and completes bond forms. This person orders and receives all jail supplies, and insures that all prisoners are fed, bathed, and exercised daily. Enforces all Departmental Policies designated by the Chief of Police pertaining to the Jail. Perform other duties as directed by the Chief of Police or his designate.
- Possess a High School diploma.
- Possess a State of Alabama Jail Management Certification.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work overtime, non-standard hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must have strength and mobility to deal with non-compliant inmates.
- Must be able to communicate well with groups of two or more, testify in court and to be easily understood over communication devices.
- Willing to travel.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561 or apply online at www.orangebeachal.gov.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the job closing date posted above.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A PARTICIPANT OF E-VERIFY
P.O. Box 458 ♦ Orange Beach, AL 36561 ♦ Phone (251)981-6979 ♦ Fax (251)981-1442 ♦ www.orangebeachal.gov.