POSITION TO BE FILLED: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II - SEWER DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY: $18.43 HOURLY (GRADE 7)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: JANUARY 24, 2020
STARTING DATE: TBA
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction, the person in this position operates medium equipment in the performance of pipe laying, repair and roadway construction, and maintenance. Operated tractor, backhoe and trencher. Work is performed under established procedures with frequent inspections during the process and a final inspection of completed work. Performs related duties and some supervisory activities.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Possess a valid CDL operator’s license or the ability to obtain license within one year of employment.
- 3 to 5 years of equipment operation experience preferred.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Willing to work overtime, or other non-standard hours when necessary.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561 or apply at www.orangebeachal.gov.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug/Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
“THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND OFFERS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL PERSONS, INCLUDING THE DISABLED.”
P.O. Box 458 ♦ Orange Beach, AL 36561 ♦ Phone (251)981-6979 ♦ Fax (251)981-1442 ♦ www.orangebeachal.gov