The Orange Beach Tennis Center has eight lighted, hard courts that are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. The center is home to the Orange Beach Ladies Tennis League.
Tennis courts 2 through 7 must be reserved online using CourtReserve. Visit the CourtReserve website to create an account and download the app. Only City of Orange Beach residents may reserve tennis courts. Court 1 and Court 8 are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with restrictions outlined in the policies and procedures below.
For program information, contact Orange Beach Tennis Pro Nick Cruz at email@example.com, 251-974-6387 (office), or 251-200-9086 (cell).
IMPORTANT: City of Orange Beach Tennis Center Policies and Procedures
- Only individual courts can be scheduled. Courts can only be scheduled for two hour increments and not in consecutive sessions. Courts may only be scheduled 48 hours in advance.
- Courts 1 & 8 are available for first come, first serve, and are limited to two-hour sessions. Please be courteous if others are waiting to play.
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Scheduled Orange Beach Ladies Tennis League and Orange Beach Middle / High School Tennis Team play takes precedence over all court usage and may utilize all courts. Updated tennis league and school team schedule and practice times are posted in the information board on the east side of the Tennis Center building.
- Orange Beach Ladies Tennis League may schedule team instruction/practice with their coaches in advance and may utilize up to 3 courts, pending availability.
- Private instructors may give instruction only at the request of an Orange Beach resident for a lesson and may utilize only one court per lesson. Instructors cannot reserve courts for private instruction.
- Any private instructor/coach giving lessons must possess a current City of Orange Beach Business License and liability insurance. Private instructors are in no way affiliated with or represent the City of Orange Beach.
- If assistance is needed, please visit the Recreation Center front desk.
Tennis Court Rules of Conduct
- Players are required to observe tennis court courtesies and proper etiquette as well as rules of good conduct on and around tennis courts.
- Playing on the courts without tennis shoes is forbidden. A tennis shoe is a heelless rubber-soled shoe.
- No bicycles, skateboards, roller-skates, rollerblades or pets are allowed on the courts. Food and beverages are discouraged.
- Only tennis may be played on the courts.
- NO PICKLEBALL PLAY. The City of Orange Beach provides six indoor pickleball courts at the Recreation Center. Please inquire at the Recreation Center front desk about availability.
Ball Machine Reservation Information
- Use of the ball machine is by reservation only and at no charge on the CourtReserve website. The ball machine will not be available until Monday, November 23, 2020.
- The machine will be available for use Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., in two-hour increments. Ball Machine is NOT available on City holiday closure days.
- Everything needed to utilize the machine is kept in the closet on the south west corner of the tennis center building.
- At the end of your reservation, please return all items back to the storage closet before retrieving your personal items at the desk.
- Damage or loss to the machine will result in a $200.00 penalty.
Ball Machine Safety Information
- In case of inclement weather, promptly cease use and return equipment back to the storage area.
- Children under 18 must have an adult on court with them during use.
- Do not look into the barrel of the machine.
- Do not stand in front of the machine.
- Do not aim the machine at any person.
- Do not use the machine if it is wet or in standing water.
- Keep hands clear of the machine and do not place foreign objects on the ball machine.
- Keep power shift OFF when loading balls.