The Orange Beach Sportsplex, which opened its Phase I facilities in the spring of 2001, now includes Phase II with additional playing fields, new field house, 1500 seat stadium with pressbox, locker rooms and a second concession stand. The Orange Beach Championship Stadium has played host to SEC teams, NCAA teams, the University of South Alabama, Troy State University, Southeastern Louisiana University, Austin Peay State University, Florida State University, UAB, University of Louisiana Layfayette and many others.
Since 2003 the SEC Women’s Soccer Tournaments have been held at the Orange Beach Sportsplex along with the NCAA Men's & Women's Soccer Tournaments in 2007. The Sportsplex includes soccer, football, softball and baseball fields, which are regularly used for youth sports and tournaments in the area. The Sportsplex is also a popular site for adult sports activities and tournaments with players from throughout the Southeast. Orange Beach has hosted the NAIA Region XXIII Women's Softball tournament, NAIA Men's Soccer National Championship and High School tournaments from various states.
Orange Beach Sportsplex Policies
The City of Orange Beach has established certain policies that are strictly enforced during all tournaments at the Orange Beach Sportsplex. Failure to abide by the rules could result in expulsion from the facility.
The following policies are in place during all tournaments -
- Personal coolers are not allowed. (Coolers must be kept in vehicles) Two team coolers are allowed in dugouts only. Due to public health concerns, we no longer provide water coolers in the dugouts for teams.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas except the parking lot.
- All visitors are to park in designated parking spaces only. Failure to do so could result in your vehicle being towed.
- Generators are prohibited.
- No cooking of any kind, including open flame devices, is allowed.
- Overnight parking and camping is prohibited.
- Pop up tents are allowed if stakes are no longer than 8 inches.
- Hitting any ball into fences is prohibited.
- Steel cleats are prohibited on synthetic pitching mounds and in batting cages.
- Golf carts, skateboards, scooters, and bicycles are prohibited.
- Offensive language and behavior will not be tolerated.
Read the Orange Beach Sportsplex FAQs to learn more about the facility.