The Backcountry Trail project is a collaborative effort between the City of Orange Beach, Gulf State Park and property owners along the trail's alignment.
Historically, many parts of the trail were utilized by the area's indigenous peoples, as well as explorers and settlers of the region.
The Backcountry Trail is steeped in lore and local legend. For decades, a creature believed to be part man/part wildcat --The "Catman" -- has allegedly lurked along the paths and swamps of the backcountry woodlands.
- Non-motorized vehicle use.
- NO SMOKING, or use of fire due to wildfire danger!
- All pets must remain on leash.
- Please dispose of litter in provided bins.
- DANGER - Do not feed, handle, or harass wildlife.
- Trail Hours - Daylight hours only - No camping allowed.
Click the button below to view or download the printable Backcountry Trail map:
Guided Eco-Tours (Temporarily Out of Service):
Call 251-981-1063 to check the status of tours.
Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides representing the City of Orange Beach will provide a 2 hour trip through pristine woodlands and natural habitats on Pleasure Island in a covered electric cart.
$15 per person. Bring a camera. Restroom stops along the tour as well as water fountains. Please bring your own snacks, beverages and insect spray.