The Orange Beach Aquatics Center is located in South Baldwin County, within a mile of the Gulf of Mexico. We currently serve nearly four thousand members annually. The Orange Beach Aquatics Center opened in May 2002 and is dedicated to serving their needs with a facility that includes a 25-yard outdoor heated pool, an 11 ½ foot diving well with a 1 meter board, tube slide, and a 25 x 25 foot wading/children’s pool with spray features and a slide. Our programs are designed for all ages and ability levels. The programs and services of the Orange Beach Aquatics Center are built upon and focused on enabling individuals and families to build healthy lifestyles. Some examples include swimming lessons, water aerobics, and many other activities.
ORANGE BEACH AQUATICS CENTER SUMMER 2022 ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
- Camps - Monday through Friday, 9-11 a.m. (Lap lanes open. Free swim area and deep end crowded.)
- Facility closed 1-4 p.m. Monday through Friday (Closed for Expect Excellence Summer Camp)
- Water Aerobics Tuesday and Thursday: 10:30-11:30 a.m. (Lanes 5 and 6 and deep end closed. Free swim area open and lanes 3 and 4)
Orange Beach Middle/High Swim Team July Schedule - Practices will be every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 4:30 p.m.-6 p.m. during the month of July. Lanes 5 & 6 will be occupied during this time but lanes 3 & 4 will be available for lap swimming with lanes 1 & 2 for free swimming.
Memberships grant access to the Recreation Center, Aquatics Center, Tennis Center, and Basketball Gym (limited availability). Annual Memberships also include access to pickleball. Classes are not part of any membership and must be purchased separately. Memberships must be purchased at the Fitness Center desk. Additional fee options, listed below, can be purchased at the Aquatics Center.
Resident Single: $75.00
Resident Family: $175.00
Ono Island Resident Single: $150.00
Ono Island Resident Family: $250.00
Non-Resident Single: $300.00
Non-Resident Family: $500.00
Member Guest Fee: $5.00
Non-Member Day Pass: $10.00 (also includes access to the Recreation Center and Tennis Center)
Aquatics Punch Card: $75.00
Water Aerobics: $3.00
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- All persons must take a cleansing shower before entering pool. Please rinse hair if you plan on swimming underwater. (Note: Showers are required by the Alabama State Department of Health.)
- Clean swimsuits must be worn. No cutoffs allowed (Loose strings can clog filters).
- A person who has an infectious or communicable disease shall not be allowed in the pool.
- Bathers with diarrhea, skin diseases, open lesions, etc., shall be excluded from the pool.
- Person with a bandage or open cut, blister, or inflamed eyes may not use pool.
- We do not allow water wings or of inflatable devices for non-swimmers. The reason is simple: If they inflate, they can also deflate.
- Children in diapers must wear swim diapers or snugly fitted rubber pants (Disposable diapers will explode and clog the pool filter).
- Running or rough play is not permitted in the pool area.
- Do not get on other swimmers backs or shoulders.
- Throwing swimmers is not permitted.
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow end.
- Chewing gum, food, beverages, or glass containers are not permitted in the pool area (Water in plastics bottles is permitted).
- Kick boards, rafts, or inflatable devices are not allowed during open swim times.
- Lifejackets brought from home must be checked by the lifeguard for proper fit and have a US Coast Guard approved stamp for use in the pool.
- Direct in water adult supervision is required for all non-swimmers and swimmers wearing lifejackets. Adult must always stay within an arm’s length distance from the non-swimmer. Non-swimmers are not allowed in the deep end.
- Direct parent or guardian supervision is always required in the kiddie pool area.
- Guests using the diving board must jump to the front of the board.
- Everyone must slide on their backs, feet first.
- Only one person on the slide at a time.
- Make sure the area below the slide and diving board is clear before sliding or jumping.
- Wait for previous person to reach the side of the pool before sliding or jumping.
- Non-swimmers or children wearing lifejackets are not allowed to use diving board or slide.
- Improper use of equipment can cause serious of fatal injuries. Caution must be always used.
The Lifeguard has the authority to make a rule interpretation and he or she must be obeyed.
The City of Orange Beach appreciates your cooperation.