FLORA-BAMA COMMUNITY PRESS RELEASE | MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2020
With the [Florida] Governor’s sanctioning of outdoor events, the iconic roadhouse, straddling the Florida/Alabama line, invites the public for a day at the Beach! An abbreviated version of its annual April event, families are invited to come out to the beautiful white sands of Perdido for a day of fun and festivities. Kids toss begins at 10 a.m. and adults at noon, each day, Friday thru Sunday, this October 23-25, with owners toss at 4 p.m. and winners announced at 4:30 p.m. Prizes for Over-All Male/Female, Adult and Kids, each day.
No cover charge during the day, $5 Adults, $15 18-20 after 6 p.m. To toss a fish is $15 w/ a t-shirt and a portion of “Mullet-Toss” T-Shirt sales for participants to go to the Community Drug and Alcohol Council (CDAC) and local Youth Outreach Program. There will be plenty of great food and beverages for all, with great entertainment on 4-stages and your favorite football games on over 70-TVs across properties including the NFL Ticket.
Miss Mullet Contest to be held Saturday, 3 p.m., with over $1200 in Cash Prizes.
The Flora-Bama, on the Gulf, and Ole River Grill and Yacht Club on Ole River is only 35-minutes from downtown Pensacola and can be reached by boat or car.
2020 MULLET TOSS GUIDELINES/FAQ
Flora-Bama has worked with our staff to put together a Mullet Toss for 2020. Please read guidelines below and help us get the word out.
- Chairs around the Mullet Toss will be free and there will be areas blocked off for standing room.
- As usual, personal beach chairs and tents are allowed on all Flora-Bama properties, free of charge. Limited space is available so first come, first served.
- No outside coolers or alcohol can be brought onto Flora-Bama’s licensed property, but Flora-Bama will be selling beer in small coolers on the beach for customers and will have bars available on the beach for other beverages.
- There will be no tents set up on Phoenix X or Mediterranean beaches. The entire Mullet Toss footprint will be on Flora-Bama beach property.
- No amplified music is allowed. No large speakers or DJ’s. Flora-Bama will be providing music throughout the day and night. Go to www.florabama.com/live-music to see the full schedule.
- As always, must be 21 to drink.
- There is no cover charge daily at Flora-Bama until 6pm. We will be all ages and family friendly until 6pm. At 6pm we will go to 18 and up with a cover charge. 18-20 year olds can stay all night as long as they are in the door by 10pm with no re-entry. $5 for 21 and up (free for Membership Card holders) and $15 for 18 – 20 year olds.
- Tossing of the mullet is 10am to 4pm Friday through Sunday, with kids toss at 10am and adults beginning at noon until 4pm, owners & celebrity tossers at 4pm, then winners announced each day at 4:30pm. It is $15 to toss a mullet and all tossers receive a t-shirt. Walk up to the Flora-Bama yellow tent on the beach and register to toss. Proceeds go to local charities.
- Winners will be announced daily and prizes given to Top Adult Male, Top Adult Female, Top Kid Male and Top Female Kid (kids are 14 and under)
- We will be cash only all weekend and have plenty of ATM’s on site.
- There will be one bikini contest at 3pm on Saturday in the Tent. Sign ups being at 1pm.
- Parking is limited and no trollies will be running this year so carpool, taxi, Uber or Lyft.
This will be the most memorable Mullet Toss yet and we can’t wait to see everyone. See you soon at the Gulf’s greatest beach party October 23 – 25th!
For more information, contact Special Events Manager – Amy Hicks at email@example.com or Marketing Director - Jenifer Parnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more info visit us at http://www.florabama.com/mullet-toss.html or on www.facebook.com/florabama.