The City Attorney is appointed by the City Council. The Office of the City Attorney provides legal advice to the Mayor and the City Council. The specific duties are set out in Section 2 - 188 of the City Code including:
- Legal advice to elected and non-elected City officials
- Drafting ordinances, resolutions, policies, and other documents
- Contract negotiation, drafting, review, and execution
- Monitoring City policies and procedures for compliance with state and federal law
- Litigation in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate level
- Claims and collections
- Real Estate matters
The Office of the City Attorney is prohibited from providing legal advice of any kind to citizens, individuals or businesses.
Requests for Public Records, click here.
Municipal Court questions, click here.