State Beach Access Parking
On April 23, 2021, Gulf State Park began charging for parking at its four beach access points in Orange Beach - Romar Beach, Cotton Bayou Beach, Alabama Point East and Shell Beach.
Parking Pay Stations (Kiosks)
Parking Pay Stations (Kiosks) are located in the parking lots. These Kiosks accept cash and credit cards, however, they do not issue change.
- $3 - 2 hours for personal vehicle
- $5 - 4 hours for personal vehicle
- $10 - All day for personal vehicle
- $15 - All day for passenger vans
- $30 - All day for buses or large RVs (Beach Pavilion)
- $100 - Annual pass parking decal (Purchase annual pass from Park Headquarters, 20115 State Park Road, Gulf Shores. Valid for one calendar year with expiration on December 31st annually.)
Veterans receive free parking. Obtain an annual pass parking decal from Park Headquarters. Valid for one calendar year with expiration on December 31st annually.
Before heading to the beach, put the printed pass or receipt on the dashboard of your vehicle. If you have an annual pass, it must be permanently affixed to the lower left side of your windshield or it will not be considered valid.
Overnight parking is strictly prohibited at all Gulf State Park Beach Access parking lots.
- For more information, visit the Alabama State Parks website.
- Updated FAQS - April 24, 2021: Updated Polices and FAQ - Gulf State Park Beach Parking (PDF)
An annual pass for parking at Gulf State Park beach access is $100. The pass can only be purchased and picked up at the Park Headquarters, 20115 State Park Road, Gulf Shores. The office is open 7 days a week, 8 am to 4 pm and can be reached at 251-948-7275.
Orange Beach residents, as defined by the city, are eligible for no charge year-round passes. A "resident" is an individual with a valid Alabama driver's license with a physical Orange Beach address within the city limits of Orange Beach (Reference: Resolution 21-079 Establish Resident Eligibility Gulf State Park Beach Access Parking Passes). Residents can receive two passes per household. A third pass can be purchased for $25 at the Gulf State Park Headquarters. Property owners who do not live in Orange Beach as well as Ono Island residents do not qualify for the no charge pass.
Resident Passes can be picked up at Orange Beach City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. The phone number is 251-981-6979.
Residents will need to fill out a form to verify eligibility at City Hall. Residents receiving renewals need to sign a form again as well.