Events, Classes & Activities
Private Swimming Lessons will be available from June to early August, in a very limited capacity, to anyone seeking individual lessons at the Orange Beach Aquatics Center. Learn to Swim and Stroke Development lessons will be offered.
Lessons are held at the parent/guardian's convenience and the convenience of the Aquatic Center's instructors. The child must be at least 2 years old as of January 1, 2022, in order to be enrolled in private lessons.
Learn-to-Swim Private Sessions
This class is designed for children who can follow instructions and are ready to swim without their parents. Instructors will guide the participant. Each private session contains four, 30-minute classes, held Monday through Thursday for one week. Make-ups for instructor absence or inclement weather will be on Friday. Limited to one non-swimmer participant per lesson.
Stroke Development Private Sessions
This class is designed for children who can adequately swim front crawl but need work on perfecting their stroke. There will also be an opportunity to learn new strokes. Instructors will guide each participant through each swim lesson from the deck. Each private session contains four, 30-minute classes, held Monday through Thursday for one week. Make-ups for instructor absence or inclement weather will be on Friday.
Cost of Private Swimming Lessons
You may either Learn to Swim or Stroke Development; the fee for private sessions is $55 (4 lessons). Registrations are handled online and an ActiveNet account is required (see instruction on how to create an account at bottom of page). The lessons are held Monday to Thursday. Each lesson is 30 minutes.
Registration for Summer 2022 Lessons
Registration will open at 9 am on April 1, 2022
Sessions and times are as follows with two lessons available for each time slot (links go directly to the ActiveNet registration page that shows up-to-date availability for each session).
For more information, call the Aquatics Center at 251-974-7946.
Because we have an outdoor pool, our schedule can change. Please call us at 251-974-7946 for the current schedule. The cost is $3 per class.
Swimming lessons are offered during June and July.
Learn To Swim
This class is designed for children who can follow instructions and are ready to swim without their parents. Your child must be at least 3 years old to register for this class.
This class is designed for children who can adequately swim front crawl but need work perfecting their stroke. This will also be an opportunity to learn new strokes.
Private Swimming Lessons
Classes are available to anyone seeking individual lessons. Parent/Child, learn to swim, and stroke development classes are offered. Classes are held at your convenience and the convenience of our instructors. Please see an instructor to enroll in private lessons.
Lifeguard Training will be offered in April at the Aquatics Center. Prerequisites apply. The fee is $175. Please call the Aquatics Center to learn more.
PADI Seal Team Summer Camps - Aquatics Center
PADI Seal Team is for young divers who are looking for action-packed fun in a pool by doing exciting SCUBA AquaMissions. The best part of the Specialty AquaMissions is they reinforce safe diving skills while the kids are having fun. PADI Seals get to sample a wide variety of dives. Held at the Orange Beach Aquatics Center, they are organized by Down Under Dive Shop.
To register for activities, you will need to create an Active Orange Beach account.
View and download a printable version of Creating Your ActiveNet Account Instructions (PDF).
Start by accessing our new site at the City of Orange Beach website.
Steps Two and Three
Click "Sign In/Up" Then on the Sign In page, click "Join" below the Sign In button.
Steps Four and Five
- Enter your email address. Click "Next."
- Fill in your name, and date of birth and create a password. Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk.
- Fill in your Personal Information. Under "Phone," use the dropdown and select "Cell Phone." Then select your "Operator" (carrier - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc.) and add your cell number. Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk.
- Click "Submit."
Please note: Cell phone numbers are required. It is an essential communication tool for the sports director/staff and volunteer coaches.
- Congratulations, you have created your Active Orange Beach account! You will receive an email to activate your account.
- Once the account is activated, you can add family members.
Adding Family Member(s)
Once your account is created and you sign in, you can add family members. On your "My Account" page click on "Manage Family Member."
- On the "My Family Members" page, click on "Add family member".
- Then add the new family member's information.
(For the phone number for children, parents should select "Cell Phone" on the dropdown menu again and select the operator/carrier.)
Click "Submit" and the family member is added.
ActiveNet Orange Beach site - City of Orange Beach website. After an account is created, you can enroll in an activity.
Go to the Activities page and select Activity.
Click “Enroll Now” on Activity Search Page or on the Activity details page.
After selecting the activity you prefer, you will be prompted to select a participant from a dropdown menu. Or add a family member, if needed. Click “Next.”
1. Fill in the enrollment information for the participant. Uniform sizes have dropdown menus and the others require a "yes" or "no," and more details if the answer is "yes".
2. Click “Add to Cart” when complete.
1. On the "Shopping Cart" page, you can review, edit, or remove the activity you added. The initial consent to the General Waiver and check off the Birth Certificate requirement acknowledgment and the Photo Waiver. All are required before registration can be finished and payment made.
2. Once done, click "Check Out."
1. On the "Check Out" payment page, put your credit card information in to complete the registration process. Once the payment is made you will see the Confirmation page and can view a printable receipt. You will also receive an email confirmation.
Thank you. For any questions about the ActiveNet registration, email Marc D. Anderson, Special Projects Coordinator.