'Unleased in Orange Beach' became a reality on September 13, 2010 when the official ribbon cutting was held. Many locals and visitors were on hand to mark the occasion.
Development of the park was a collaborative effort by the City and private citizens. During the year prior to the parks opening, many fund raisers were held around the community and specific donations were made for fencing, benches, water stations, training stations and more.
Donations will continue to help with upgrades to the park to assure it continues to be the 'gathering place' for pets and their owners. Donations for the park can be dropped off at City Hall.
Click the button below to view or download the printable map with directions to the park:
Dog Park Rules for Unleashed in Orange Beach:
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park. Owners keep leash with them at all times.
- The dog must be under visual and voice control at ALL times.
- No more than two dogs per handler allowed.
- No children under the age of 14 are permitted unless accompanied by an adult.
- Children are not allowed to run with, scream, shout of chase dogs in the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs MUST be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Puppies younger than 4 months are not allowed as they are vulnerable to disease and injury.
- Dogs that are ill may not enter the park.
- Female dogs in heat may not enter the park.
- Do not bring food or treats (human or dog) into the park.
- Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in provided containers. This will ensure the success of the dog park.
- No spiked, choke, or prong collars allowed as they hurt other dogs.
- Dog owners are legally responsible for injuries caused by their dog.
- Failure to abide by park rules may result in loss of privileges.
- Dog park users will not hold the City of Orange Beach or employees and volunteers responsible for any injuries or liabilities to patrons or their pets while using the dog park facility.